Life...The Most Complicated Thought

The unexamined life is not worth living. ~Socrates

Slumdog Millionaire a.k.a Q&A by Vikas Swarup

The movie Slumdog Millionaire won eight Oscars, and I have yet to see the movie. I wanted to read the book first. I had heard that the movie is very different from the book. My personal preference is to read the book before watching the movie. The only exception to this rule was Lords of the Rings series. I have not read the books but I enjoyed the movies.

 Anyways, the novel was good. I am not familiar with lives in slums of India, especially Mumbai, so I can't agree or disagree with Mr. Swarup. The plot and concept was good, but a little filmy. Ram Mohammad Thomas, main character, is a dynamic character. He is very much into movies. The book is constructed in a beautiful way. There are no loose ends, and does not leave the readers wondering what happened afterwards. However, I feel that the movie might be more thought provoking than the book. Anyways, I will give this book 8.5 out of 10. Another name of the movie added to my list of "Movies to watch after CPA is over."

Now I am listening to "The Kite Runner" by Khaled Hosseini. So far I am enjoying it very much. I am also reading "Winnie-the-Pooh" as Christina mentioned that an adult should read that book. I have realized that as I continue to read more and more books, my list of "books-to-read" grows also. I thought it would work the other way. Oh well...

0 comments:

Followers

Search & Win