Life...The Most Complicated Thought

The unexamined life is not worth living. ~Socrates

The Hanging Tree

I am listening to Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins. This morning I listening to the chapter that had the "The Hanging Tree" song and the song is stuck in my head. Here it is:

Are you, are you
Coming to the tree
Where they strung up a man they say murdered three.
Strange things did happen here
No stranger would it be
If we met up at midnight in the hanging tree.

Are you, are you
Coming to the tree
Where the dead man called out for his love to flee.
Strange things did happen here
No stranger would it be
If we met up at midnight in the hanging tree.

Are you, are you
Coming to the tree
Where I told you to run so we’d both be free.
Strange things did happen here
No stranger would it be
If we met up at midnight in the hanging tree.

Are you, are you
Coming to the tree
Wear a necklace of rope, side by side with me.
Strange things did happen here
No stranger would it be
If we met up at midnight in the hanging tree.

I am enjoying the book. Since my last post, I have listened/read the following books:
  • And Then There were None by Agatha Christie: Excellent book. I can't believe I never read her stuff. Loved the book. I can't wait to get my hands on the movie adaptations of the movie including Bollywood movie Gumnaam. It is a must read book. (10/10)
  • Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins: Another great read. I think there are enough great reviews online.(10/10)
  • Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins: I read this on the plane to and back from India. The book is okay. The first book in the series is the best. (8/10)
  • Sisters Eight series - Book 3 & 4: Cute children's book.
  • Scott Pilgrim Vol 1 & 2. I watched the movie and I must say the movie was quite random. After some research, I found that the movie was based on Scott Pilgrim Manga. I am not a big fan of Manga but I had to pick this one to find out more about the movie. The books are okay.
  • Room by Emma Donoghue: I listened to this book and absolutely loved it. Whoever read this book, I suggest you pick up the audio book. Michal Friedman (an adult woman) narrated the character Jack and she actually makes the listeners believe that they are listening to a five year old. (10/10)
I am currently reading Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand on my iPad and enjoying the book very much.

I will do another post about the trip to India and my sister's marriage hopefully soon. Over and Out.

4 comments:

You've read some great books recently. I love the Hunger Games series and thought ROOM was fantastic. And Then There Were None has always been my favorite Christie novel too.

 

Thanks. Most of the books were recommended.

 

First time here?
In fact all Agatha's books are great.
Did see the english movie as well as Gumnaam.
Mehmood did a good role in it.

 

I have not seen the english movies. I vaguely remember seeing Gumnaam. I want to watch it again, especially after reading the book.

 

Followers

Search & Win