Life...The Most Complicated Thought

The unexamined life is not worth living. ~Socrates

The Last Lecture

The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch is an excellent book for readers of all ages. After reading the stories of Dr. Pausch's life and classroom, I was heart-broken that he left this world after so many accomplishments. I wonder if he had more time, what other things he would have done.
I am happy to learn that in his short life, he fulfilled all his dreams. First of all, he realized what his dreams were and kept up with them. After reading the book, I thought about my childhood dreams, and honestly, I can't think of any. I mean now I have goals and dreams in my life, but I think about my childhood dreams, it is sad to say I have none. I mean when I was little, I never thought of what I wanted to become, or things I wanted to accomplish. I went through college and met people and then I decided what my dreams and goals are.

His book definitely inspired me. I think this would be one of the books that I would want my kids to read. His life is inspiring. Even though his life was short, he accomplished so much more. His family and he deserves a standing ovation. Lastly, hats off to him for dealing with his illness in such a calm way.

However, I did not like how the format changed in the book. Initially the chapter transitions were nice and smooth, but later in the book, I felt it got little choppy. He jumped around a little bit with no connection between chapters.

Overall, it is an excellent read. I can't wait to watch the lecture on video. And I am thinking about checking out the program Storytelling Alice. Maybe I will learn a thing or two about computer programming.

0 comments:

Followers

Search & Win