Life...The Most Complicated Thought

The unexamined life is not worth living. ~Socrates

My Heart is Crying...

I am drowning in mixed emotions right now. I am mourning over the loss of a loved one. What I feel inside, nobody can feel or tell. But I must show my emotions to the damn society.

Loss in a family is the greatest sorrow. Their importance is felt after they have left us. But when they were alive, we ignore them or take them for granted. The respect grows after they leave. Their accomplishments are remembered after they are gone. We always wish that they had lived few more months or few more years. But death is inevitable. It will strike and there is nothing we can do to stop it. Our death is decided when we are born, and no doctors can use science to extend it. Birth and death are two things that God controls. He has already decided where we will be born, where we will die, and how.

This brings me to loss of those innocent lives in Mumbai attack. My heart cries out for the victims and their family. Their end was destined in that attack thus they were at those locations. In some cases, it was their first time visiting the hotels and this tragedy happened. This tragedy proves that there is little or no humanity left in this world. Leave humanity, nowadays people don't even respect relationships. Siblings are no longer siblings. From hearing and watching the news, now there seems to be some fault in the relationship between parent and their child. Lastly, the pure relationship between husband and wife is being ruined by money and divorce. Not to discredit anyone, some people still exist that love and respect others.

There is lack of humanity but at the same time, we have this damn society breathing down our necks. If we do something, it is not acceptable. If we don't do something, that is not acceptable. Somebody will speak up. So we are suppose to act as puppets, who are going to smile and cry as ordered by the society. If we don't follow, then we disgrace our values, traditions, and parents. So the bottom line is, we come in this world to breath and move at the order of the society. So when the society will say, "Your mourning period is over, and now you can smile," I will cry and show them I don't agree. I don't give a damn about society. Why should I respect them, when they made me feel like a nobody? Why should I?

After all this ranting, I want to know where we stand in this world and what will happen to us. What kind of world will it be 10 years down the road when our kids will be born? Will we have the values and traditions of our ancestors? But that is not the question. The question is will our kids or our next generation accept those values and traditions. Will there be any harmony between the older generation and the new? These questions are just the few to ponder. The true question is "How will we survive?"

0 comments:

Followers

Search & Win