Life...The Most Complicated Thought

The unexamined life is not worth living. ~Socrates

Confessions of a Shopaholic - Sophie Kinsella

I read my blogs from past months and I noticed that I only wrote about books. It is kind of sad. I am such a nerd. Today it will be a little different. As my label says "Book Review," it will be a book review but little later.

First of all, I would like to say that I am so so happy that Roger Federer won the match. He is truly number one and he deserved that title. But I must say that Andy Roddick was excellent in his game. He exceeded my and many others' expectations. But in the end, Federer remained victorious. With 15 grand slam titles, he is # 1 and even few loses to Nadal won't take that away from him. I just hope that he continues to win few more titles and set the highest and unreachable goal for others.

Little on the sad end: I was shocked to hear Michael J.'s death. That was quite unexpected, and for few hours after reading the news, I thought that "maybe they will come back and say it is a rumour." That didn't happen. I am sad for all his fans. I am not his fan, but this news did shock me.

Now we are on to my book review. While all this was going on, I was listening a comedy: Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella. I really enjoyed Kinsella's The Undomestic Goddess. I had also read great reviews about Shopaholic series. Anyways, I wasn't as impressed.

Pros: The book is good and funny. The storyline is different but at the same time, more than 50% of women can relate to the story. You will learn about brand names. The writing style was very simple. Lastly, Luke sounded very cute. :-P

Cons: Becky Bloomwood is an annoying character. I wanted to slap her few times, but her luck that she is not real. The story kind of dragged and at times I was irritated by events happening in the book. I felt that the end of the novel was truly the best part. There are some similarities (very few) between Shopaholic and Goddess.

Having said all that, I would give this book 7.5 out of 10. Surprisingly, I think I will pick up rest of the books in the series later. Our town library only had the first book in audio book format. I guess I will check out other libraries to see if they have the others. I have the movie on hold, so another movie to watch

Now I am listening to We the Living by Ayn Rand. Before that I tried listening to The Curious Case of Benjamin Buttons and other Jazz Tales by F. Scott Fitzgerald, but sadly that CD was messed up. Damn people who cannot and do not respect books from the library. Nobody should mishandle books, and if you are one of the individuals who does, then buy your own copy. Don't ruin the experience for other readers/listeners. Signing out...entry too long...

0 comments:

Followers

Search & Win