Life...The Most Complicated Thought

The unexamined life is not worth living. ~Socrates

The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini

Khaled Hosseini wrote an excellent history-based novel. I had read many reviews about this novel and was looking forward to the book. I must say that if a book can move you in any way or in other words, forces you to show some sort of reaction other than "Boring," then it is an excellent read. This book qualifies as an excellent read for me. I was happy, sad, and angry at the characters and the author. The book is now part of My-Favorite-Books list.

In summary, the novel is about two boys living in Kabul, Afghanistan before the war, and how the war causes them to go separate ways. The two main characters are Amir and Hassan. Hassan is the son of the servant, and believes that Amir is his best friend. Due to a tragedy, Amir no longer wishes to be associated with Hassan. Amir and Baba, his father, leaves the country and move to America during the war. The novel continues and the readers see the characters grow up in their own two different worlds. There were times in the novel, where I wanted to scream at the author and say "WTH?" I think I have said enough. I definitely will recommend this book to whoever wants a good read. I do warn you that it is not a cheerful novel. I will give this book 9 out of 10.

As usual, there is a movie based on this novel, and I will watch it soon. As I read the books, my list of movies-to-watch also grows. I did read on Wiki about the movie and how the movie actors playing "Hassan" and "Amir" had to face so much criticism and had to go through difficult times. Some people take the entertainment industry so seriously. Anyways, time to sign out. Later!

1 comments:

Just hopping by and have become a new follower. Feel free to visit me and do the same here .

I also really enjoyed the Kite Runner, as well as A Thousand Splendid Suns, by the same author. I think I prefer the latter actually. You should read it if you get the chance.

Did you end up seeing the movie yet? I thought it was very well done, and reflected the book well.

 

Followers

Search & Win