Life...The Most Complicated Thought

The unexamined life is not worth living. ~Socrates

Movie: Slumdog Millionaire

I finally watched "Slumdog Millionaire." I was not impressed by the movie. I don't see what the hype was about. I did enjoy the movie. I was not "offended" by the scenes in the slums as that is a reality in India. I did not care much about the title of the movie. It fits the content of the movie.

The actors were good. Dev Patel did a good job. I saw the "desipan" in him when he says "Arey Bhaiya, I am the dishwasher." Overall, he justified his character. Freida Pinto, the leading lady, was okay. I felt she was more of a pretty face than an acteress. She cannot act. I would like to see her upcoming works to see if she truly has the talent. The kid actors were excellent. They definitely deserve all the fame they got.

Comparison to the book: The book is much much much better. That is all I have to say. The movie is nothing like the book, as in quality and content. I think people should read the book.
The main character in the novel has no religion. His name is "Ram Mohammed Thomas." More about the book here.

Overall, I enjoyed the movie. However, I don't think it deserved all the Oscars it received. I did like the songs.

2 comments:

I think I'll wait for it to come on cable, then.

 

Well...I read the book, and thats why did not like the movie that much...maybe you will like the movie more than me...

 

Followers

Search & Win