1. Favorite childhood book?
Cam Jansen Series (The girl with the photographic memory). My love for reading started with her.
2. What are you reading right now?
Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman and Serious Men by Manu Joseph
3. What books do you have on request at the library?
As of now, none. I am trying to place a hold request on The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins.
4. Bad book habit?
Take too long to read a book just because I am lazy.
5. What do you currently have checked out at the library?
Ummm…too many to write down. All the books I read/listen to are checked out from the library.
6. Do you have an e-reader?
Not yet. I hope that soon I will buy an iPad.
7. Do you prefer to read one book at a time, or several at once?
Usually I am reading one book and listening to another.
8. Have your reading habits changed since starting a blog?
9. Least favorite book you read this year (so far?)
Tie between Half Life by Roopa Farooki and The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake by Aimee Bender
10. Favorite book you’ve read this year?
Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell and The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
11. How often do you read out of your comfort zone?
12. What is your reading comfort zone?
I am still trying to figure that out. Chic lits, fiction, non-fiction humor (few)
13. Can you read on the bus?
14. Favorite place to read?
15. What is your policy on book lending?
I want my book in the same condition I lend it to you. I have gotten books back without the book covers. Grrrrr…
16. Do you ever dog-ear books?
I used to but not anymore.
17. Do you ever write in the margins of your books?
Not anymore. I was required to do that in high school.
18. Not even with text books?
Nope because I wanted to sell them back :P
19. What is your favorite language to read in?
20. What makes you love a book?
A good story, an unexpected ending (but not too much out there)…something that makes me think.
21. What will inspire you to recommend a book?
If I enjoyed it, I will recommend it to anybody and everybody.
22. Favorite genre?
Hmmm…I don’t know. I enjoyed few romance novels, few chic lits, and few non-fictions. If the story interests me, I read it.
23. Genre you rarely read (but wish you did?)
I used to love mysteries but haven’t really picked one up for a while. I don’t usually read Sci-fi; though, I enjoyed Ender’s Game by Orson Scott Card very much.
24. Favorite biography?
I can’t think of any…
25. Have you ever read a self-help book?
Chicken Soup for the soul books are among the best self-help books. Enjoyable and helpful
26. Favorite cookbook?
I don’t own any. Google is my best friend here.
27. Most inspirational book you’ve read this year (fiction or non-fiction)?
Inspirational?...hmm…again..Can’t think of any (not for this year).
28. Favorite reading snack?
Chocolates…but then I usually read before I am about to sleep so no snacks at that time.
29. Name a case in which hype ruined your reading experience.
I pick up a book if the story interests me. If I am enjoying a book or want to read a book desperately, I avoid all reviews. If I feel the book is so-so, then I usually go and read the Wikipedia entry for it.
30. How often do you agree with critics about a book?
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
31. How do you feel about giving bad/negative reviews?
I actually look for positive reviews to see that maybe I missed something. I am indifferent about writing a negative review.
32. If you could read in a foreign language, which language would you chose?
I can read in Hindi but, that is fading away. Maybe french?
33. Most intimidating book you’ve ever read?
I try to stay away from these kinds of books.
34. Most intimidating book you’re too nervous to begin?
Shantaram…I so want to read this book. I actually made the librarian order an audio book.
35. Favorite Poet?
I am still exploring this. I do enjoy reading Rabindranath Tagore and enjoyed Childe Harold's Pilgrimage and She Walks in Beauty by Lord Byron
36. How many books do you usually have checked out of the library at any given time?
Anywhere from 4 books to 10 books, (this includes books and audio books)
37. How often have you returned book to the library unread?
When I was studying to be a CPA, I did that often. I am trying to change that.
38. Favorite fictional character?
Ender (Ender’s Game), Jonas (The Giver), and Nobody Owens (The Graveyard book)
39. Favorite fictional villain?
I don’t think I have one. I have to think about this one..
40. Books I’m most likely to bring on vacation?
Entertaining Chic lits - something that does not make me think.
41. The longest I’ve gone without reading.
Years – Most of my college days, I did not read (textbooks don’t count as books).
42. Name a book that you could/would not finish.
The Numbers Game
43. What distracts you easily when you’re reading?
44. Favorite film adaptation of a novel?
Pride and Prejudice (BBC episodes) and Namesake
45. Most disappointing film adaptation?
I was somewhat disappointed by The Time Traveler’s Wife.
46. The most money I’ve ever spent in the bookstore at one time?
I usually don’t buy books.
47. How often do you skim a book before reading it?
I just read the back cover.
48. What would cause you to stop reading a book half-way through?
If I am half-way through and I still don’t know what is going on, I will stop reading it.
49. Do you like to keep your books organized?
I usually organize them by the height of the book. I don’t have that many books to organize.
50. Do you prefer to keep books or give them away once you’ve read them?
I am opposite from everybody. I check out books from the library first. If I enjoyed it, then I want to buy it.
51. Are there any books you’ve been avoiding?
Shantaram. There is also Atlas Shrugged. I am not avoiding it but I have to be in the mood to pick up the book. I am going to dedicate the next month to Atlas Shrugged. I really enjoyed Ayn Rand’s other stuff and I am looking forward to Atlas Shrugged.
52. Name a book that made you angry.
I cannot think of one right now, but I am sure there are several.
53. A book you didn’t expect to like but did?
Eat, Pray, Love.
54. A book that you expected to like but didn’t?
As It was Written by Sujatha Hampton and My Sister’s Keeper by Jodi Picoult.
55. Favorite guilt-free, pleasure reading?
Phew…that was long but I had fun!