Life...The Most Complicated Thought

The unexamined life is not worth living. ~Socrates

The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell

The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell was an interesting read. I enjoyed Gladwell's Outliers very much and just had to check out his other works.

The Tipping Point treats different phenomenon in the history as epidemics and discusses the three rules of epidemic that explain the phenomenon:
  1.  The Law of the Few
  2. The Stickiness Factor
  3. The Power of Context
I liked that the author simplifies the concepts for the readers and uses case studies to explain them such as sale of the Hush Puppies and Airwalk shoes. The book is also different from the book Outliers. In Outliers, Gladwell built points after points and ended the book with a boom. This book, Gladwell mentions the points in the very beginning and explains them throughout the book. I give this book 8.45/10. I think I am going to add all Gladwell books to my wish list. I really enjoy reading his works.

This book qualifies for the Audio Book Challenge.


I found the following graph, which complements the book very well:



Now I am enjoying The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman. He has become one of my favorite authors. I must say he is an excellent storyteller.

0 comments:

Followers

Search & Win